The Hundred Kingdoms
The Hundred Kingdoms is the area that my next campaign will focus on. It is a fractured, war ridden country, roughly five to six times the area of the Kingdom of Westervale, from the previous campaign. It lies to the South across the Inner Sea, on the continent of Taryth. While there is a King in the Free City of Landskhar, the only port in and out of the Hundred Kingdoms, his rule is essentially limited to Landskhar and its immediate environs. The remainder of the Hundred Kingdoms is subdivided into a patchwork of competing duchies, citystates, earldoms, baronies, marches, freeholds, and free hamlets and villages.
My original map of the area I am redesigning. I'm not satisfied with the names of the various statelets, so I'm doing a bit of retrofitting. I should be done soon.
I intend to do a bit of design work beforehand, and have a good grasp on what NPCs and groups are in play, where they are, what they're doing and how they would react to your party's actions. I want this to be more player driven, less about a story I want to tell, and more about letting you guys explore a world I've created.
So, my original concept is that your party consists of new hires to a newly formed mercenary company. You suddenly find yourselves co-owners of the company after the boss dies, but you are legally obligated to perform the contract the boss negotiated. Unless someone has a better idea, we'll go with that for a beginning.
The time period is roughly 50 years after the Final Battle. To the North, the combined Velen and Westervalen Empires are ascendant, as Tolin Samundius the VII is both King of Greater Westervale, Lord Regent of Harimoun, and Lord Protector of the Velen Empire. Tetthd Sereth-Adorian the III reigns in the combined kingdoms of Eastervale and Esen. To the East, the Dominar Anaxos, Lich Lord of Illorn, rules over the conquered lands of the Free Cities, and Ohmuz.
In the Hundred Kingdoms, there are a myriad of constant petty wars, the latest being The War of the Princes. There are new gods in the land, and visitors from across the Outer Ocean.
My original map of the area I am redesigning. I'm not satisfied with the names of the various statelets, so I'm doing a bit of retrofitting. I should be done soon.
I intend to do a bit of design work beforehand, and have a good grasp on what NPCs and groups are in play, where they are, what they're doing and how they would react to your party's actions. I want this to be more player driven, less about a story I want to tell, and more about letting you guys explore a world I've created.
So, my original concept is that your party consists of new hires to a newly formed mercenary company. You suddenly find yourselves co-owners of the company after the boss dies, but you are legally obligated to perform the contract the boss negotiated. Unless someone has a better idea, we'll go with that for a beginning.
The time period is roughly 50 years after the Final Battle. To the North, the combined Velen and Westervalen Empires are ascendant, as Tolin Samundius the VII is both King of Greater Westervale, Lord Regent of Harimoun, and Lord Protector of the Velen Empire. Tetthd Sereth-Adorian the III reigns in the combined kingdoms of Eastervale and Esen. To the East, the Dominar Anaxos, Lich Lord of Illorn, rules over the conquered lands of the Free Cities, and Ohmuz.
In the Hundred Kingdoms, there are a myriad of constant petty wars, the latest being The War of the Princes. There are new gods in the land, and visitors from across the Outer Ocean.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home